I'm an engineering manager and cancer survivor, diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2004, beating it in 2005. I live and work in the Blue Mountains, with my wife Julia, and our three girls Penny, Lijsbeth, and Evie.
Convening the second ever DevOps conference in the world in Sydney in 2010, I'm currently the Secretary of DevOps Australia, and co-organise the monthly Sydney DevOps meetups, the longest running DevOps meetup in the world.
I speak internationally about both the cultural and technical side of DevOps, covering Just Culture, complexity, cognitive biases, and monitoring tools.
I run, read, and music in my spare time.
Looking to hire me? See my resume.
I publish most of my code on GitHub, but the highlights are:
- Flapjack, a monitoring notification routing system.
- Got Gastro, a Google Maps mashup of the NSW Food Authority's name-and-shame lists.
- Visage, a web service and interface for collectd statistics.
- cucumber-nagios, lets you describe how websites should work in plain text, and outputs whether they do in the Nagios plugin format.
- @nswbushfires Twitter bot, posting current bushfire incidents in NSW.